Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Well,

I have intended to put something up here ever since I made the decision to move to California from Japan. I never really thought that anyone would bother to read it; still don't.

I guess I should state the purpose outright. This entire point of this is to try an allow myself to make sense of the changes that are happening in my life, and to record them so when I start to feel too comfortable in my own skin I can simply look here and see what a tool I really am.

About me: I have lived in Japan for 18 years of my life. That's right. 18 years. I am not Japanese, but a normal (if not a little odd) looking white boy who hails from the one place you wouldn't expect an expat in Japan to come from: Kentucky.

Anyways, I finally made the decision that if I really wanted to do something with myself, I wasn't going to do it in my old job. I took a leap, and was picked up to work in Port Hueneme California, which is a little military town near Ventura California.

Do I like it? At this moment, not really. I am trying to assimilate everything, and to be blunt, this place is a little fucked up.

So, what I am going to do is pick a topic a week that I am having trouble coming to terms with. I have no illusion that this will change anything, but it might make me feel a little better about what is happening in my life.

Or, it could just make things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment